Monday, February 06, 2012

My 3 Picks from the Best Value Travel Destinations for 2012

Lonely Planet selects the best value destinations for 2012.  More than half of the places are nothing you have ever heard of before, together with some usual suspects.  But there are three in there that are close to my heart.  

One is connected to my college & internship days - Washington DC, the other one is related to my professional career during the dot-com era - San Francisco, and the last but not the least is my summer home - Ohrid, Macedonia.

Not sure what Ohrid / Macedonia sounds to strangers like if it's compared to when I hear about Tajikistan and Vietnam as travel destinations.  Maybe my perception would change if I know somebody from those places, or actually go there.  

So here I am to say loud and proud that Ohrid and Macedonia located in the spicy heart of the Balkans are perfectly "normal" and beautfiul places for any strangers who want to visit and experience something different than Turkey, Croatia, or Mallorca :-)

681x4541

The Church of St Clement - Ohrid, Macedonia
Jon Davison - Lonely Planet Photographer
© Copyright Lonely Planet Images 2008

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 06, 2012 6:27:00 PM, Blogger fadrickvagat said...

Macedonia appears to be to guests like if it's when compared to when I notice about Tajikistan and Vietnam as holiday spots.

couriers UK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home